Let’s be real, nutrition is one of the most difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members experience, but it’s also the most rewarding. Healthy eating in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and crazes are regularly emerging.
Diets aren’t sustainable. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unrealistic. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled correctly to function properly. Limiting important nutrients is detrimental to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research determined that only 1% of people who diet solo actually get rid of their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important pillar of our program. Since our original 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same method when it comes to nutrition—keeping it uncomplicated! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food choices.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” in our food have substantially changed over the years. We teach our members about making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to be successful.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program different?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important aspect of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to indulge every once in a while, it’s become accepted in our society causing obesity to become an epidemic. Our members are trained that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that fashion. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep track of calories! We don’t pay attention to calories because a lot of foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a higher fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more important than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific method to set your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you know how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, enabling your body to stay in “burn mode” rather than “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get from any other source.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food goes into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is eaten, our bodies go into “store mode” turning leftover sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members eat smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to fill up the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program flexible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members are encouraged to celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they eat those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, so drinking the right amount of water is essential to our complete health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps alleviate muscle aches. Our members try to drink at least 10 glasses of water every day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help make you feel full faster, allowing you to keep portions under control.
So, you could spend loads of money on fad diets, specific meals that keep track of points, counting calories or eliminating every tasty food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the cost of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and find out how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat regular, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and increase your confidence and energy.
Find a location to learn more about our comprehensive program and to join! You won’t believe how much you can transform in just 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread daily with the Farrell's program too!